Sunday, October 02, 2011

Da Spot's new digs on King St.

Da Spot
YUM. I’m a fan of Da Spot from back in the day when I would go to their TINY little hole in the wall for the amazing Egyptian chicken, curries, and smoothies. I’d also go track them down on UH campus or at farmers markets.

When I heard they were opening a fancy new spot by UH, I had to go check it out. It’s amazing how far they’ve come, and I’m so happy for Ahmad and Ako with their success. The new place (open for lunch and dinner) has a hot bar (pick 1 or 2 for a plate), PLUS a fridge of yummy looking mezze (hummus, baba ganoush, grape leaves, olives, cheese etc) that you can order by the pound (would be an awesome tapas party) AND an even larger menu of smoothies.

My friend and I split a two choice plate ($10, not cheap) and a piece of baklava. I am blanking on which curries exactly we had - there were so many to choose from! But both of our selections were fantastic. I’ll definitely be back here frequently.


Looking in

Curries

Grape leaves & veggie curry

Mezze

$10 2 choice plate w/ brown basmati rice & taboulleh salad

Da Spot
King St by University
Honolulu Magazine
 Yelp


No comments: