Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Auntie Pasto's on Pensacola

Hadn't been to Auntie Pasto's since high school (ummm, fifteen years ago), but was craving some American-style Italian food. As in, more Italian than the Spaghetti Factory or Buca, but not as fancy / authentic as Assagio's. I still remembered the warm, soft goodness of the bread basket at Auntie Pasto's back in the day (which used to be somewhere other than Pi'ikoi, if I remember correctly? But I can't remember exactly where...)


 Mmm, the bread basket (with pesto now!)
Bread basket
 Mixed greens with walnuts, strawberries and cheese - this was a fantastic salad.


Fancier salad than I'd expect

Eggplant parm
And finally onto the mains: spaghetti with eggplant parm, and a spaghetti with meatballs (my go-to dish, back in the day). The most pleasant surprise of the evening...each was about $8.95! I don't remember exactly, but was shocked at how affordable the place still is. And delicious to boot.
And the classic spaghetti w/ meatballs



Auntie Pasto's
Pi'ikoi near South Beretania
Yelp






No comments: