Friday, October 08, 2010

Visit to Champion Malasadas

I have a pregnant friend. She just got over the morning sickness (thank goodness!) and is kind of hungry again, but hasn't had any of those crazy pregnant-lady-i-have-a-good-story-about-her-cravings stories. Until today.

Today, right after we had finished a plate lunch from Gina's, she suddenly announced, "I want malasadas. Now."

Seeing as how it was 4 pm, I didn't think either Leonards or Champion would be open. But I did a little googling, found their numbers, and gave both a call. Suddenly we had our choice of malasada shops! We ended up going to Champion (even though I still haven't tried the lilikoi malasada at Leonards) because it was closer, and I told my friend that it's superior to Leonards (but just my opinion here). Plus they have sponge cake :)

* Champion from the outside *


* The menu - I bet it hasn't changed in years! *



* Sponge cakes - chocolate, orange, lemon and guava *



1926 South Beretania St.
Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 947-8778

No comments: