Sunday, January 03, 2010

Dinner @ Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo
1279 S King St
Honolulu, HI 96814
(808) 593-1466
http://www.yelp.com/biz/mediterraneo-italian-restaurant-honolulu

Usually when I go out to eat a casual dinner with friends in town, we end up at Bac Nam, a friendly little neighborhood Vietnamese joint. Back when People wine store was still in operation, it was the perfect combination – taste some wines, pick up a bottle for dinner, and walk across the street to Bac Nam for bun hue (spicy beef soup) and wrap-your-own summer rolls.

Luckily though I have friends who like to try new restaurants, so I was forced to expand beyond Bac Nam. They introduced me to Bac Nam’s neighbor, a yummy little Italian restaurant, Mediterraneo which is literally steps from Bac Nam.No one was super hungry so we skipped appetizers and went straight for the main courses. They offer a full range of pastas and main courses. Our table tried the roasted lamb, black squid ravioli, lobster pasta, and I had the most amazing seafood cioppino (unfortunately didn't get a good photo; I was trying to avoid using flash in the restaurant, but it obviously didn’t work out).

No comments: