Friday, February 01, 2008

Maui Trip

I went to Maui for a wedding in December, and the first thing I did when I got to the Kahului airport was go get some snacks!


My first stop was http://www.homemaidbakery.com for some Maui manju, home of the 'famous crispy manju.' I got a couple boxes of manju and mochi to take home as omiyage. Their manju comes in azuki, peach, apple, and sweet potato flavors.

















Then I went back in towards the airport to Maui Mall to get some guri-guri at Tasaka's. Guri-guri is a cross between sherbet and gelato, except super soft and sweet. It's made with sweetened condensed milk (kind of like kulfi, but softer). They have two flavors: pineapple and strawberry, and it's only $1 for 2 scoops!



1 comment:

reid said...

WOW! Where are you at now that you no longer post about Hawaii?