Monday, December 26, 2011

Favorite of the year: Monarch Seafood





Monarch Seafood

Somehow Monarch had flown beneath my radar all of these years. I know that the best grinds are in Kalihi (Ethel’s, Gulick Deli, etc) and I have Kahai Kitchen on my list to try, but never heard about Monarch until my friend Ali brought me a menu and told me I would love it.


She created a monster in me...now I’m obsessed with their crab stuffed ahi and the banana cream pie. And I haven’t even tried their poke yet. Between Tanioka’s and here, these are my two favorite finds since moving home a year ago.
 
No seating, take out only, but totally worth the drive to Kalihi even if you eat it in the parking lot in your car. And don’t forget the banana cream pie!

Crab stuffed ahi with wasabi sauce -- to die for


Hawaiian plate - along with some of the best poke on the island. You usually get one cup of poke and one of lomi salmon, but we went late and they were all out of lomi salmon.


Monarch Seafood
515 Kalihi St
Honolulu, HI 96819
(808) 841-7877
Yelp

No comments: